Rocklea to Darra Stage 1
Value of project
$250M - $500M
Rocklea to Darra Stage 1, Package 1 (Granard Road to Oxley Road). Stage 1 is the 3 kilometre upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway, between Granard Road, Rocklea and Oxley Road, Oxley.
Stage 1 includes:
- upgrading the motorway from four to six lanes;
- higher bridges over Oxley Creek, including seven new bridges;
- new southern service road connection from Rocklea industrial precinct to the Oxley commercial and retail areas; and
- new traffic signals at the Suscatand Street intersection.
- Reliability – improved traffic flow and reduced congestion creating more reliable, consistent travel times.
- Safety – upgraded road safety on the motorway with improved sight distances, safer access to and from the motorway.
- Connectivity – enhanced local connectivity for all road users, pedestrians and cyclists with new service road connectors, reducing the need for local trips on the motorway.
- Flood immunity – improving the motorway’s flood immunity by constructing higher bridges over Oxley Creek.
Project Funding source -
For more information contact:
Deputy Regional Director (Metropolitan)
313 Adelaide Street
Brisbane City Qld 4000
Disclaimer: The Commonwealth of Australia (acting through the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development) makes this material available on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. Read more