Bruce Highway (Rockhampton - St Lawrence), Rockhampton Northern Access
Value of project
$100M - $250M
Bruce Highway (Rockhampton - St Lawrence), Rockhampton Northern Access Upgrade
The scope of works includes:
• the construction of two new Bruce Highway northbound lanes between Rockhampton-Yeppoon Road intersection and Terrranova Drive,
• New bridge structures crossing Limestone Creek and Ramsay Creek,
• Raised centre median to separate northbound and southbound traffic,
• Intersection upgrades at Rockhampton-Yeppoon Road, Boundary Road (North), Olive Street and Stirling Drive to provide signal controlled intersections and a roundabout,
• Construction of service roads to access industrial and commercial land west of the Bruce Highway,
• Public transport, cycle and pedestrian footpaths within the project extents,
• Relocation of public utilities and services into a single services, and
• New drainage structures, road lighting and resurfacing of the highway within the extent of the project.
Duplication of the Bruce Highway north of Rockhampton will cater for increasing traffic demand for adjacent industrial, commercial and residential developments and provide amenity, access and road safety outcomes for all road users.
Upgrades to the Bruce Highway, north of Rockhampton, will include provisions for cyclist and pedestrian traffic.
Government agency - Department of Transport and Main Roads
Project Funding source -
For more information contact:
District Director (Fitzroy)
31 Knight Street
North Rockhampton Qld 4701
Disclaimer: The Commonwealth of Australia (acting through the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development) makes this material available on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. Read more